Wednesday, May 20, 2009

deathbed plea

Rise up my demented soul, get to your feet
Lift those lazy browse, cast away your apathy.
Slumber not this time, you need to act swiftly
Lest your time be cut short, your institution cast to oblivion.

Brace up yourself, my blood, my brood; enough is enough
Your drunken stupor I need not, your indolence hurting like gout.

Leading a lifestyle beyond your means, talking nonsense though much needs to be addressed
Restrain yourself, have a goal and discipline. Might I ask too for your love and caring?

Rise up my spirit, my pride; give me stability, pride and strength
I am way too famished and tired of being led on, laughed at and dictated upon.

How I wish to hide my face whenever I hear you and of you
Claiming to be somebody you are not, acting to be whiter than the whites.
Must you forget the teachings and the valor of the fathers?
Must you go for the Uncles as if the essence of 1896 is a bygone?

Arise, the entirety of me, arise! How long must I suffer till you come to your senses?
Let me not wait for eternity, I beg. Let me out of this cage, allow me to be free.
Do you wish that I go on existing without truly living?

Rise up… Rise up… Rise up!


- Halog, Nayon, Lamut, Ifugao
03262006

No comments:

Post a Comment