Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Of Bliss and Blues










As I sit quietly in this lonely chair

My mind goes back to the days of fair –

Tropical forests and valleys and creeks,

A home warmed by children’s shrieks.

That place of my own; that place where I belong.


Ah, sweet memories pouring like heavy rain

How I long for those days when I played down the lane –

When mountains resounded with animated chatter,

When the night’s quiet is broken by muffled laughter.

Days with my family, days with Akiyo Koike.


Down the lane I used to play

Up the mountains I used to wander…

To feel the wind blow against my face,

To see the sunrise after a night’s slumber.

Such cherished times of my own in that place where I belong.



*In remembrance of Udon Ni-Sen ShiRa

Sikatuna Village

090909

No comments:

Post a Comment